- Carlos Hernandez obtained his doctorate from UCLA in physical chemistry studying liquid crystals using optical lithography to produce homogenous monodisperse tailored shapes.
- He then began working at the USDA to protect the food supply in the United States.
- To continue his work in soft matter Carlos transitioned to create and research digital water, UV and solvent based inks for Sakata and INX as the manager of the Research and Development department for seven years.
- He has now worked with Prism Inks for past seven years continuing to created new inks for different industries including textiles and food packaging as the Vice President of Research and Development.
- He has two small children that keep him busy the rest of his spare time at home